The following is a guest post by Juliette Anderson.
Shoppers nowadays are flocking to Amazon. The average conversion rate in the Amazon marketplace is 15%, three to five times more than that of any other eCommerce site.
Amazon is undoubtedly one of the best marketplaces, but it’s also crowded. Standing out from the rest of the pack can be a challenge. But if you manage to get buyers’ attention, you’re bound to make sales.
The key to reaching your target shoppers is optimizing the visibility of your listing. The marketplace is already saturated with products, and buyers don’t simply have all the time and patience to browse through every single one. You need to make it easy for buyers to find your products online to win more sales.
To enhance the visibility of your listing, here are some best practices that will lead buyers right to your listings. That way, it’s easier for them to make their way down the sales funnel and convert into customers.
1. Run Amazon Internal Advertisements
Let’s say you want to sell men’s belts. The thing is, you’re not the only merchant who sells this one in the marketplace. Thousands of other sellers are selling men’s belts. Because Amazon is already saturated, to stand out from the competition, you need to enhance the visibility of your product listing.
Here are some examples of how to promote your Amazon products:
Product inserts: You can purchase sponsored ads to display your listing on the top part of amazon product search results.
Display ads: This ad type is usually shown on the side or topmost part of the page and a product listing. Display ads differ from sponsored ads because they’re brand advertisements instead of product listings.
Video ads: You can also go with video ads to complement display ads. Usually, videos are published on the mobile app, Amazon website, or the Fire tablet wake screen.
Amazon stores: Offer brands the option to develop their own multi-page site with their own branded URL. Brands often use this to showcase their product portfolio and brand story.
2. Drive External Traffic Through Google Ads and Social Media
You can also utilize outside channels to drive traffic back to your listing. It allows you to hook shoppers who aren’t on Amazon to check your listing.
Here are some examples of external promotion methods for Amazon listings:
- Social media: Curate ads and connect with influencers in spreading product awareness and link back to your listings on social media.
- SEO: Includes keywords that your target buyers may Google on your product listing to make it rank higher on search engine results.
- Getting backlinks: Look for opportunities to link to your Amazon listings, such as publishing blog posts. Backlinks enhance your item’s visibility and drive external traffic to your products.
To boost your eCommerce conversions, you can make your listings stand out even to prospects outside Amazon and maximize your sales through external promotion.
3. Optimize Your Amazon Product Listings
Customers will decide in seconds whether they want to engage with the product further or go back to their search results.
So, how do you ensure that the customers scroll below the fold and consider purchasing your product?
Here are some tips:
- Titles matter. Does your title describe the product and how it will address your customers' needs and pain points? Does it highlight the product's primary use and benefit?
- Bullets in the elevator pitch. Hit all the key questions customers need to answer before they can scroll below the desktop or mobile. Ensure key facts about product warranties and customer service to address issues.
- Photos are essential. Your main product image should show what the product is all about. Similarly, additional product images should be provided with different angles. It’s also worthwhile to have one image showing the back of the box, which shows instructions, ingredients, etc.
- Product descriptions are vital, too. Use brand voice while reiterating the key selling points of the product. Also, mention any supporting facts that make customers understand why they need to purchase now.
4. Take Advantage of Promotions
The goal isn’t always to offer promotions or big discounts. However, you may sprinkle them from time to time, especially at the start of your Amazon product lifecycle. As a result, you’ll gain mass reviews and build more relevancy. That way, it will be easy for customers to find you.
Here are some great Amazon Prime Day tips:
- Prepare ahead of time. Let your customers know that your store has great products and deals. Spread the word on social media to raise customer awareness.
- Do your research. Look up what products are popular before Black Friday or Prime Day. You can use several resources to get the pulse of the products that sell well versus the ones that don’t.
- Make sure that you have enough inventory. Make sure that you have enough product stock to make it throughout this lucrative holiday season. Track your inventory.
- Track promotional sales. While promotions are great, you need to take the extra step of adequately accounting for your Prime Day sales. Before running promotions, consider your Amazon profit margin first.
- Get your order fulfillment in order. Don’t mistake handling all the Prime Day sales by yourself. You can ask family and friends to help out or hire temporary workers to fulfill the orders.
- Check the return policy. Return and refunds matter. If you’re planning to extend your policies, then let shoppers know.
5. Offer Coupons
People tend to enjoy discounted items. Therefore, offering coupons to people who have already provided you with their information is essential.
It opens up communication between you and your subscribers. As a result, you can regularly keep in touch with them and target them for sales.
6. Learn About the Amazon Buy Box
Know about the rules of Amazon’s Buy Box. The Buy Box shows up on product detail pages when customers add items to their carts.
Remember that this is highly competitive, and one of the ways to win this is to have competitive product pricing and offers, along with an excellent Amazon merchant history.
7. Advertise Your Products by Direct Email Marketing
You can send emails to a group of customers. You’ll need at least their phone number or email.
Then, promote your listing on social media platforms like Snapchat and Facebook and give special goodies or discounts to social media influencers. That way, they can help out in promoting products for you.
8. Go by Amazon’s Rules and Terms of Service
One of the quickest ways to have low product sales is by breaking Amazon’s rules. After all, you can’t sell if your account is temporarily suspended or shut down.
Knowing what Amazon requires of its sellers will help you set up high-quality listings, which leads to higher buyer trust and the prospect of landing more sales.
Save on Costs and Maximize Profit
So, there you have it. These are some ways that sellers can promote their products. Save more money by following these simple tips to reduce costs and drive more sales. Good luck!
About the Author
Juliette Anderson is an Outreach Community Specialist for an eCommerce fulfillment company that specializes in partnering with online sellers who have an average parcel weight of 5+ pounds or greater. She works hand-in-hand with eCommerce stores to achieve optimal sales for four years already. Her specialty lies in social media marketing and paid promotions.