First launched in North America in June 2022, Amazon Marketing Stream (AMS) was a highly anticipated launch from customers. The service allows users to access hourly campaign performance data, facilitating more detailed reporting, near real-time recommendations, and faster campaign optimizations.
In October 2022, Amazon began rolling out AMS access to the remaining countries supporting the Amazon Ads API worldwide. In February, Amazon completed this process by unlocking access to sellers in India.
So, what can European brands learn from the head start of their North American counterparts?
This article will highlight newly available features and benefits that global Amazon sellers can leverage with full access to granular data, reporting insights, and recommendations via Amazon Marketing Stream.
How Amazon Marketing Stream Helps Amazon Sellers in Europe, Asia, and South America
What Life Was Like for Sellers Before AMS
Brands and advertisers have long speculated about the variation of shopping behavior on Amazon throughout the day, and they’ve adjusted their bids hourly to optimize their budgets. However, without the ability to view campaign performance by the hour, there was no way to determine whether this optimization was effective.
In the past, brands and agencies only had access to campaign reporting limited to daily performance, saddled by manual Amazon Ads API calls and API throttling. When they needed real-time insights, they were often left waiting. As a result, accessing reports and insights that could feed dayparting strategies and boost conversions became increasingly challenging.
New Opportunities for International Sellers with Access to AMS
Today, Amazon Marketing Stream offers valuable data for advertisers around the world that the market majority isn’t utilizing, which has created a competitive advantage for early adopters.
This global expansion means that brands and agencies can monitor their campaigns more accurately and quickly respond to changes.
AMS can now help international brands solve the following questions:
- What time of day is their conversion rate the highest?
- Of the keywords they’re targeting, what placements perform the best?
- How can they optimize their budget to run best throughout the day?
- Does an evergreen budget make sense based on their conversion times?
- Does the time of day significantly affect the likelihood of winning an ad placement at a certain bid?
What Can EU Sellers Learn from the First 6+ Months of AMS?
Amazon Marketing Stream can provide valuable insights for sellers in Europe to optimize their advertising efforts and reach their target customers.
Our key takeaways for EU brands using AMS include:
- Targeting: AMS allows sellers to target their advertisements to specific customer segments, such as customers who have viewed a particular product or searched for a specific keyword. This helps increase the relevance of the ad to the target customer and can lead to higher conversion rates.
- Data-driven decision-making: AMS provides detailed performance metrics for each advertising campaign, allowing sellers to make informed decisions about which campaigns are performing well and which need improvement.
- Bid optimization: AMS has automated bidding features that allow sellers to optimize their bids based on their desired target cost per acquisition (CPA) or return on advertising spend (ROAS).
- Campaign automation: AMS has features that allow sellers to automate and scale their advertising efforts, freeing up time to focus on other aspects of their business.
- Creative optimization: AMS provides data on the performance of each advertisement, allowing sellers to make informed decisions about which ads resonate with their target audience and which ones need improvement.
European Amazon sellers are already increasing the cost-effectiveness of their advertising efforts to reach more customers, especially Pacvue users in Europe, Asia, and South America.
Brands using both are able to access:
- Hourly Trend Reports: Access to hourly campaigns for traffic & conversion metrics including impressions, spend, and sales.
- Enhanced Dayparting: Granular insights and suggested dayparting strategies through Pacvue’s Time-of-Day and bid-boost dayparting.
- Bulk Campaign Dayparting: Apply hourly changes across multiple campaigns.
Why Brands Use Pacvue with Amazon Marketing Stream
- The number one commerce platform, according to PPC expert David Zimmerman.
- A 2022 UK Amazon Ads Partner Awards Winner in Scaled Technology.
- An Amazon Ads Advanced Partner with enterprise clients across three continents.
“Amazon Marketing Stream delivers upon the need of advertisers to make near real-time decisions about their campaigns, and Pacvue looks forward to unlocking even more value with automation tools and recommendations,” said Melissa Burdick, President of Pacvue.
Ready to see it in action? Let’s go.