Your brand can succeed on Walmart.com—but you’ll need to refine your strategy to navigate the unique features of Walmart advertising. This webinar provides a simple, 4-step roadmap to winning on Walmart.com and covers the fundamental differences between Amazon and Walmart advertising.
- Don’t clone your Amazon strategy: Walmart and Amazon have different product requirements, attribution windows, and bid options. Walmart uses first-price auctions (the winner pays what they bid), so start low and increase slowly until you hit your KPIs.
- Step 1—Be discoverable: Products must be in the top 128 organic placements on a given keyword in order to bid with paid search.
- Step 2—Optimize keywords: Use keywords with high volume and low competition—and capture more share by targeting keywords your competitors are organically ranking on.
- Step 3—Analyze the market: Build your targeting strategy based on Share of Search. And since competition for Walmart advertising is lower than on Amazon, your ad spend goes further.
- Step 4—Scale spend efficiently: Use bid modifiers to prioritize high-conversion placements (like search), and use dayparting to target high-traffic shopping times.